Last modified: March 23, 2022
Acceptance of Policy
By accessing or using the Services, you do hereby warrant and represent that you have read, understand, and agree to all terms and conditions stated herein, and our User Agreement (the “User Agreement”).
If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any aspect of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our Services.
Notification of Changes
Our Relationship to You
- A “Customer” has engaged us to act as an agent (a “data processor”) by obtaining our Services. The Customer is the data controller, and Nub Games is their data processor.
- A “Customer End User” is an individual that provides their Personal Information to our Customers. We do not control the purposes or how their Personal Information is collected, and we are not in a direct relationship with Customer End Users.
Hereinafter we may refer to Customers as “you.”
During your use of the Services, Nub Games will collect, use, disclose, store, process, data that identifies you or may make you identifiable (collectively your “Personal Information”).
When you use our Services, we generally collect the following Personal Information about you:
- Contact details, for example your full name, organization, and email address.
- Business information like your company name, user population size, and business type;
- Account information from add-ons and other third-party services you use in conjunction with our Services;
- Cookies and similar tracking information (see “Cookies” below for more information);
- Data about your use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, interactions with the user interface to the Services, the Internet Protocol Address for the computers you use to connect to the Services with, and information you use to describe yourself; and
- Data required for operation of the Services, such as, but not limited to, information you submit to, publish with, or transfer through to the Services.
Customer End Users communicating with you through the web-based LibraryH3lp chat box are given a random identifier which does not contain any identifying data and serves only to preserve the users' unique, anonymous identity. There is no requirement on the Customer End User to enter any identifying information such as name or email address to chat with you.
Within the administration functionality of the Services, you have powerful privacy control options of historical chats:
- You may delete the transcript of any chat, leaving the record of the chat itself for statistics and reports.
- You may delete the full record of any chat.
- You may anonymize any chat. Specifically, the anonymize functionality removes screen names from Customer End Users contacting you through instant messaging gateways, phone numbers from Customer End Uses who may text you, IP addresses from Customer End Users, and the complete transcript of the chat.
Transcripts for chats between operators, web-based chats from Customer End Users directed to individual Customer operators specifically (rather than a queue), and conference room chats are never stored nor do you have the option of storing these transcripts.
Use & Purpose
We will not use your Personal Information for purposes other than those purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you. When you limit the ways we can use your Personal Information, some or all of the Services may not be available to you.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you. We use information you provide us or your institution (our Customer) provides to us to deliver Services, fulfill the terms of any agreement with our Customers, or to complete a transaction you initiate with us. To be clear, we do not access or use customer data processed through our Services except for the purposes set forth in our agreement with the Customers.
- To send you Service-related communications. We send administrative or account-related information to you to keep you updated about our Services, inform you of relevant security issues or updates, or provide other transaction-related information to you. Without such communications, you may not be aware of important developments relating to your account that may affect how you can use our Services.
- For identification, authentication, and security. We are committed to providing you with a secure experience on our Services. To do so, we process your Personal Information to enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks. Without processing your Personal Information, we may not be able to ensure the security of our Services.
- To enforce terms, agreements, or policies. We process your Personal Information to actively monitor, investigate, prevent, and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit, or illegal activities on our Services or violations of our posted user terms. In addition, we may process your Personal Information to enforce our agreements with third parties and partners, and/or collect fees based on your use of our Services. We may use any of your Personal Information collected on our Services for these purposes. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements, or policies without processing your Personal Information for such purposes.
- To provide customer service. When you contact us with questions, feedback, concerns, disputes, or issues, we process your Personal Information so we can respond to you and resolve any issues. If we do not process your Personal Information, we cannot respond to your requests and ensure your continued use of the Services.
- To enhance your experience on the Services. We process your Personal Information to provide you with a personalized experience on our Services, track of your preferences (e.g., time zone, display name, avatar, etc.). Without such processing, we may not be able to ensure your continued enjoyment of part or all of our Services.
- To conduct research and development. We pride ourselves in being innovative and continuing to offer you new, customized, or improved features on our Services. To do so, we process your Personal Information to better understand you and the way you use and interact with our Services. Without such processing, we cannot ensure your continued enjoyment of part or all of our Services.
- To maintain legal and regulatory compliance. We process your Personal Information, in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf, to pay our taxes or fulfill our other business obligations, and/or to manage risk as required under applicable law. We cannot perform the Services in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements without processing your Personal Information for such purposes.
We may retain personal information for as long as the customer account is active or as needed to provide our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and as needed to comply with or enforce our licenses and other agreements.
How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
- Business partners. We may share your information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services, complete a transaction that you initiate, or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners.
- Legal Purposes. We may disclose your information to cooperate with law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, content protection organizations, or judicial processes as required by the applicable laws and regulations. We may also use or disclose information to enforce or protect the rights or safety of our Services’ users, us, or others. We will provide notice to individuals prior to such disclosures, to the extent it is practicable to do so and allowed by law.
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit. Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
The administration and chatting interfaces of the Services for Customers place a session cookie on your computer if you are logged in. The cookie does not contain any identifying data; however, it is linked to your account on the web server, and your account on the web server contains the e-mail address you may have optionally provided as part of account configuration. Additionally, your time zone preference set while using these interfaces will be retained in a session cookie.
Customer End Users may have a cookie set when they decline proactive chat invitations from Customers. This session cookie is intended as a “politeness” mechanism so that Customer End Users who do not wish to chat are not bothered by further invitations to chat on the Customer websites during their browser session. No Personal Information is stored as part of the politeness cookie; it is simply an indicator to the Service that proactive chat invitations should not be offered to a particular Customer End User.
Customers or Customer End Users can instruct their browser, by changing its options under Settings or Preferences, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt before accepting a cookie from the websites visited. If you or a Customer End User does not accept cookies, however, that person will not be able to use some or all portions or functionalities of the Services.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain, and require our service providers to maintain, appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the Personal Information you provide to us.
However, even the best security measures are not foolproof, and we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. We cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of the Personal Information you transmit to or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS/MMS because we have no way of protecting Personal Information that is out of our control.
You are also responsible for the security of your Personal Information. You should choose a password of sufficient length and complexity when you use our Services and keep your password confidential. If you think there has been unauthorized access to or use of your account, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Nub Games becomes aware of any data breach, we will notify affected individuals or, with respect to our Services, affected institutions as soon as reasonably possible.
Requests to Access, Edit, or Delete Information
You may edit your account information when logged in to the Services at any time – all you need is your username and password. In addition, you may also ask Nub Games to correct, delete, and/or cease processing your Personal Information from further processing and/or use. It may not be possible for us to delete or cease processing all the Personal Information we hold about you where we have an ongoing relationship with you or where we have a legal basis to retain such Personal Information. You can exercise any of your rights above by contacting Nub Games at email@example.com.
Children's Privacy & Note to Parents and Guardians
Our Services and websites are intended for use by users aged 13 and older. We do not market to nor intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or websites or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number). If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our Services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are aware of any personal information supplied to one of Nub Games’ Services or websites by a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Contact Nub Games, Inc.
Nub Games, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy
108 Sawmill Branch Road
Beech Mountain, NC 28604-8179